PPE Study Materials
The Professional Practice Exam (PPE) requires these study materials:
- Two textbooks
- Four documents
Canadian Professional Engineering and Geoscience: Practice and Ethics G. C. Andrews, 6th Canadian edition (2018) Publisher: Nelson Education
Practical Law of Architecture, Engineering, and Geoscience B.M. Samuels & D.R. Sanders, 2nd or 3rd Canadian edition (2011)(2015) Publisher: Pearson Education Canada
Ways to Obtain Textbooks
- Contact the publishers: pearsoncanada.ca, nelson.com
- Purchase online at McNally Robinson Booksellers, or Amazon, or elsewhere.
- You could also visit McNally Robinson in the Grant Park Shopping Centre in Winnipeg, MB
A Guide to Patents
A Guide to Trademarks
A Guide to Copyrights
A Guide to Industrial Designs
Ways to Obtain Documents
- Download from Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO)
- Call CIPO at 1-866-997-1936
- APEGA NPPE Study Materials Page
Online Practice Tests
There is an online practice test available for a fee offered by the official online test provider, Yardstick. This has been arranged by the Alberta association (APEGA).
We encourage applicants to attend an exam preparatory seminar before writing the professional practice exam.