Changing Special Status Process


You must change or renew special status before the membership year ends or you will have to pay for the new membership year (pro-rated monthly).

Member TypeMembership Year
Student MemberOct 1 - Sept 30
InternJan 1 - Dec 31
Professional MemberJan 1 - Dec 31


You are not able to change your status online, you have to contact the office.

Special Status Form

Complete and submit the form: Resignation or Transfer to Non-Practising Status Form (PDF)


Pay the appropriate fee. See Fees for details.


Submit your form and fee online, or by mail, fax, or in person:

Accounting and Membership Coordinator
Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba
870 Pembina Highway
Winnipeg, MB
R3M 2M7

F: 204.474.5960

Next Step

Upon receipt of your special status form and fee, Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba will mail you a letter to confirm your new status.