FOR STUDENTS AND TEACHERS
Spaghetti Bridge Competition Rules
Grades K-12 | Individuals or teams (max 3 students from the same grade)
- The trusses must span a 300 mm opening. Truss dimension rules are:
- Length: 320-400 mm
- Height: 150 mm maximum
- Width: 140 mm maximum
- The trusses must be made with only regular spaghetti and white or wood glue. So other pasta shapes are not allowed i.e. linguini.
- To be eligible for prizes, the trusses cannot weigh more than 350 grams when completed. The trusses will be weighed before testing.
- The trusses will be loaded at the centre of their span (length) from the top until they break.
- No horizontal support will be provided at the support points. The truss cannot bear on the sides of the support points (see picture below).
- The truss holding the heaviest load wins! If there is a tie, the lighter truss wins!
Learn More > Competition Registration