Council Election Results for 2018
The 2018 Council election was the eighth to be conducted online. A total of 996 out of 6893 eligible members casting at least one ballot, 14.4%. There was no Intern ballot in 2018. There were no paper ballot packages requested or received.
There were 895 ballots submitted to elect the following P.Eng. councillors for two year terms:
- Vaibhav Banthia, P.Eng.
- Carolyn Geddert, P.Eng.
- Ian Smallwood, P.Eng.
- Efrem Teklemariam, P.Eng., FEC
There were 713 ballots submitted to elect the following P.Geo. councillor for a two year term:
- Doug Bell, P.Geo., FGC
By-law Proposals and Petitions
There were 848 ballots submitted regarding the proposed By-law changes.
- By-law 4.5.6 - Finance Committee Amendments
Result: PASS (For: 721, Against: 55, Abstain: 72)
- By-law 13 - Code of Ethics Amendments
Result: PASS (For: 719, Against: 60, Abstain: 69)
- By-law 15 - Complaints & Discipline Amendments
Result: PASS (For: 649, Against: 76, Abstain: 123)
- By-law 17.5.5 - Determination of Good Faith Amendments
Result: PASS (For: 637, Against: 98, Abstain: 113)
- By-law 17.6.x - Consideration and Voting on Proposed By-law Amendments
Result: PASS (For: 645, Against: 86, Abstain: 117)
E-mail reminders were sent out on October 2, 5, 10, and 11th. Council ballots closed at midnight on the 10th, By-law ballot closed at midnight on the 11th.